Thursday, March 14, 2013

5K?! What happened to the first four Ks?!?!

So yesterday in a moment of stupidity, I "Yes Manned" myself into signing up for a 5K.  Now, I am not what you would classically call a runner, or even an exerciser.  I'm more of a watching TV for hours while eating a sandwich flavored by shame kind of guy.  But, in the new era of my life here, I've decided to suck it up and try to do this damn thing.  So here it is, The Graffiti Run, where you get colored powdered thrown at your face. The website makes it look all very fun and fantastic, but i'm sure after i get hit in the eyes with the first bout of colored powder, I'll feel like i'm in more of this type situation....

So far my training regimen has been to think about going to the gym, then getting distracted by reruns of Friends, and then making some pizza rolls for dinner and calling it a day.  Warning:  This is not a conventional training plan approved by most runners.  I will probably have to change it up a little bit as it gets closer to the actual doomsday.  The End of April, The Day that will go Down in Infamy.

In completely opposite to anything remotely healthy news, this weekend is St. Patty's Day!  Denver, like with most holidays centered around drinking, knows how to celebrate the day, and I will partake in some day drinking all throughout the weekend.  Hopefully, I'll be able to get some pictures up of the festivities and ensuing debauchery that always follows uninhibited alcoholism.  (That's right people, that's some college english classes right there!)  Anyways, like the new pedophile looking Pope said in his acceptance speech yesterday, "Pray for me...."


2 comments:

  1. You've inspired us to try and do couch-to-5K...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Let me know how it goes. I'm still only in week 3, and it's way hard

      Delete