Friday, April 12, 2013

Fist Pump Friday!



                    Happy Fist Pump Friday!!!  


My love/hate relationship with Friday continues.  When you work only every other Friday, you grow to hate the working Friday as the red headed stepchild of all the days of the week.  It’s….unnatural.  The absurdity is amplified by the fact that only half the small staff I work with, work on this Friday.  So here I am, sitting in a quiet office, with nothing to do, praying that the phone doesn’t ring.  Oh yeah that’s the other thing:  answering the phone here is like playing Russian Roulette, except after about 3 minutes of listening to some stupid question you start hoping your gun has the bullet.

Maybe that’s a bit extreme, but I do wonder sometimes how some of these people are able to dress themselves every morning and come to work, based on the sheer lunacy of their questions.  It’s one of the great mysteries in life, along with:


 - Why is everybody from Minnesota a giant?


 - Why does every medical marijuana clinic have a basketball hoop out back?  (come on, they’ve got to be too lazy to play basketball, right?)

 - How was drinking Bud Dry ever a mitigant to asking “why?" 

 - How come no matter where you live, you’re always supposed say, “yeah, we need the rain.”?


In other news, I did my first walk through of the house yesterday.  As you can see in the picture below, it looks exactly like it did when I posted about it like 4 days ago, except this time there seem to be some squatters living in my basement.  Good thing I haven’t closed on it yet.


Unfortunately, I have no depth, or spacial perception whatsoever.  So when I saw this big hole in the ground I started thinking, crap this is smaller than my apartment.  I’m sure when it’s framed over the next month, I’ll have a better idea of the space.  But, until then, I am assuming this is what my house will look like.



I just thought of another question!  

 - If buyer’s remorse happens when driving away from your future home site, and nobody’s around to hear the terrifying hyperventilating screams, does it still make a sound?

1 comment:

  1. i love your last question. don't let your inability to understand the construction foreman's jargon crush your excitement for your house. As long as you don't hear "Indian burial site", "yeah, erin brokvich practically lived here prior to our purchase of this really cheap land", or "nah man we dont is nails, this here elmers glue works just fine" you should be safe.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete