Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My Current Playlist

I've been listening to a lot of local alt. rock on the radio lately...which is about the only decent station out here unless I'm getting good reception on the smooth R&B station.  When I first moved out here I was pleasantly surprised by the much better quality of alt. rock than I heard in Miami, where they still considered Metallica to be current or relevant.  Let's be honest, were they ever relevant?  Let's be more honest, don't you hate douchebags that talk about music, or art, or anything being relevant?

Anyways, although the radio station out here plays a weird mix of new music coupled with some old Chili Peppers, Sublime and Eve 6, which sounds good, but then you hear it and you remember that you were over it 10 years ago, let alone listening to it again now, it's still a generation beyond the rock stations of Florida.  Of course that is not without its drawbacks, as I recently found when discussing the controversial new Robin Thicke music video, which features T.I. and Pharrell, and my friend turns to me and asks..."who's Pharrell?"  I said, FOR REAL???? (couldn't resist.)

Anyways, here's my mostly driven by local radio play list.

Denver Sounds of Spring:

1 - Pheonix - Entertainment
2 - Atlas Genius - Trojans
3 - Tegan and Sara - Closer
4 - Capital Cities - Safe and Sound
5 - Family of the Year - Hero
6 - Frank Turner - If I Ever Stray
7 - Awolnation - Kill Your Heroes
8 - The Mowglis - San Francisco
9 - The Neighbourhood - Sweater Weather
10 - Icona Pop - I Love It
11 - Alabama Shakes - Hold On
12 - Youngblood Hawke - We Come Running

1 comment:

  1. Nice playlist. I can't listen to Alabama Shakes anymore, I just picture the singers mouth saying hoooooooollllllllldddddd on.
    Kel

    ReplyDelete