Wednesday, May 22, 2013

O and the Freak Show Morning News

So lately I've been in this kind of funk where I've felt like everything was out to get me.  Whether it was my landlord spiking the rent, friends going m.i.a., or just the jump from winter to summer, it's been a weird few weeks.  But then I decided I needed to stop wallowing knee deep in self pity and pick myself up by my boot straps ( I have NO idea what that means....boots have straps? and how would you even pick yourself up from them?  Am I a magician in this scenario??).  Part of it is not having hilarious morning radio talk shows to get me in the right mood every day.  I really miss listening O and the Freak Show in Tampa every morning.  By far the best thing on the radio ever, of all time.  So in order to improve my mood, I've decided to really focus in on all the great things happening right now, and in true O and the Freak Show style, I give you, The Five Things:

DUM DUM!!

1.  The closing agent for my house told me that there's a good chance I'll close before the end of July on the house!  Not only does that mean they are building ahead of schedule, it also means less hiked up rent I have to pay in August at the apartment!

DUM DUM!!

2.  Going to see The Postal Service AGAIN next Thursday at Red Rocks!  I've been wanting to see a show there since I moved here and I can't wait.  Definitely one of the coolest venues ever to see a concert.

DUM DUM!!

3.  A Colorado Senator is actively trying to introduce legislation to reduce the taxes paid by microbrewers (to almost nothing for the real small ones) in an effort to boost the economy.  The Brewer's Excise and Economic Relief Act (That's right....the BEER Act) would reduce the amount of federal taxes paid by microbrewers who produce less than 15,000 barrels to $0, and incrementally more for those making more.  Now I'm not quite sure how that would strengthen the economy, but dammit, I like where our Senator's head is at!

DUM DUM!!

4.  Innovation in America:  This Toothbrush with Caffeine is one of the greatest ideas ever.  Who doesn't want that burst of caffeine first thing in the morning?  I guess the only drawback would be making sure you use a different toothpaste at night, or suffer the wrath of insomnia!

DUM DUM!!

5.  Holidays on non flex weekends.  Why are they so great?  Because with this coming Memorial Day weekend sandwiched between two flex weekends, that means I get THREE 3 Day weekends in a row!  And next week becomes only a 3 day work week too!  Days off galore.

So there it is.  If that doesn't make a person happy, that person is dead inside.  Also, on yet another positive note, I am very close to hitting 1000 page views, and will probably get there today.  That's in just under 3 short months!  I'm not sure if that's actually people I know, or some German/Russian blog spider site, but whatever it is, I'm blowing up!  So Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment