Wednesday, June 26, 2013

#AnnDon'tReadThis

I'm going to keep this post short today, and not make it a rant or rave. Yeah right....hahahahaha...  Just want to say that in the last 24 hours, it's been a landmark after landmark day.  Instead I'll just hashtag the hell out of it.

#StandwithWendy - Congratulations to Senator Wendy Davis on her 13 hour filibuster to stop the aggressive abortion bill in Texas.  In addition to making abortion illegal after 20 weeks, it would have shutdown practically all but 5 clinics in the whole State.  To stand in front of congress and speak for 13 straight hours, without the ability to use the bathroom, or even lean on a podium is impressive, and being that impassioned about something, I only wish I had that kind of drive.  #SanityInTexas #ButWeShouldStillLetThemSecede

#DOMA #Prop8 - In two landmark votes at the Supreme Court today, both the Defense of Marriage Act and California's Proposition 8, which banned gay marriage, were deemed unconstitutional.  Huge win for #Humanity #LibertyAndJusticeForAll

Finally, with nothing else really to report on, I'll just leave you with these funny twitter comments from Aziz Ansari regarding NSA Spying:


@AzizAnsari:  If I was in the NSA, I'd be looking up random people all the time.  Every 10 minutes I'd be like, I wonder what Ja Rule is up to?

@AzizAnsari:  "Ansari!  What are you doing?!" "Nothing sir." (Quickly minimizes window that has Ja Rule's Yahoo email account) #AzizWorksattheNSA

@AzizAnsari:  "Aziz what are you doing?!" "Sorry sir, just seeing how much Color Me Badd money the dudes in Color Me Badd still got..." #AzizattheNSA




No comments:

Post a Comment