Thursday, July 25, 2013

Buy a House in Colorado: Check!

So after 4 long grueling months of agony and nerves, the house is mine, ALL MINE!!!!!! *cue maniacal laughter*

The last 3 days have been a cautionary tale on who you use as a lender for something as time sensitive and important as buying a new home, especially when there's new construction involved.  My lender at the last minute  decided it would be a good idea to review the documents they received from me or my builder weeks before, and found fault with all of them.  It was a huge scramble this week finding, un-bounding, and copying and scanning all the documents to get final approval on the loan.  Which by the way, I didn't have until roughly 5 hours before closing.  I didn't even see the settlement statement until I was sitting there at the closing table!  I had to write a personal check for the difference since my cashier's check (which I was guessing the amount for) was a little short!  But despite all these stressors, I did have a successful closing on my brand spankin' new house.  I did make a joke at the closing table when they explained that one paper I was signing was agreeing not to have a meth lab in my house.  I acted like I was going to walk right then and there.  Classic joke.

You'll all see the picture on facebook, but here's a sneak preview of the finished product.  Enjoy!















1 comment:

  1. Whoever pick out that tile backsplash is a genius.

    ReplyDelete