Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Fade In....


Sitting on the bus on my way home.  Listened to music/podcasts all day at work so don't feel like putting in the ear buds on the way home.  Leaves my ear holes open to the pollution of conversations around me.  This has proven to be interesting since in the last few days  I've heard things like, "Dude I watched the knitting channel for like 45 minutes....", and "This is gonna sound crazy, but...I'm almost 30!"  I thought it sounded perfectly reasonable, but I guess I didn't have the context of that convo....

Fade Out....

Fade In....

People are loving this beard.  Too bad I hate it.  It's too ever-present on my face.  My face is like, "you weren't there a month ago, and I'll be damned if you think you're sticking around much longer buddy."  Well said, face.  Thank god I get to shave it soon.  Here's a current picture.  Even if I did like it, I'll have to shave it to something hideous next week for this work related facial hair challenge.  Don't worry, a pic will definately be posted.  Best compliments I've received came from my old lady friend at Project Angel Heart who calls me sexy now.  I'll take what I can get.  My fave comment came from Liam who just started feeling up my face one day and said, "this is weird."  I agree Liam.  That WAS weird.

Not good at taking selfies.

Fade Out....

Fade In....

My friend was telling me today about a car accident she was in this week.  Her description of the person that hit her (it was a hit and run) is epic.
"One thing was kind of funny about the accident though-- the guy was driving a huge pick up truck and had a weird metal turkey on it. He started backing up to try to move into another lane (we were stopped at a light) and the turkey hit my car. The first thing I thought (other than, WTH?) was "Happy Thanksgiving to me!" Basically, this guy epitomized redneck. I mean, who decorates their vehicles with seasonally appropriate (hideous) metal sculptures and never mind the casual tossing of racial epithets!"
 Quite the turkey indeed!

Fade Out....

Fade In....

No matter how much I try, I'll never reach the end of the internet.  They just keep making great new stuff!  Yesterday I posted a link to a really cool interactive music video for a Bob Dylan song on Facebook.  It was made using Treehouse software which is probably something cool if I looked into more than what I just wrote.  Anyways, it's a fun way to waste time.

I found this hilarious video today.  The premise is that Jimmy Kimmel and Mario Batali stop random people on the street, go to their house and cook for them.  There's nothing about this video that I don't find magical.

Fade Out.....

Fade In.....

Twitter is still the most popular social media site right?  All the cool people haven't left yet have they, because I feel like I only just now got on it.  Once i'm comfortable with it, people will all leave to like Pheed, or Path, or Plonk, or Phooey or something else that I won't learn about for 10 years.  Also, how do I Reddit?

Fade Out....

Fade In....

HAIM's The Wire is a great song.  A really great song.  You know what's not a great song?  Everything ELSE that plays on my radio.

Fade Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment