Thursday, April 3, 2014

Let Us Consider The Ramifications Of...

These were the words uttered by one of the strangest men I've ever known, who would walk violently into a room full of people, utter these words, and then follow them by a string of thoughts and gestures that mesmerized me until he trailed off into silence.....hands folded neatly in front of him.  Sometimes I played a game where I would try to throw him off by asking him a question before he could start on his ramble.  Something simple like, "Oh where did you get that tie?" or "What are your thoughts on lunch options today?"  This was of course only fun for me and those select few who knew I was playing this game.  But in honor of this 1970s burnout who has occupied my memories today, I will ask his eternal question on the many aspects of MY life right now.

Let us consider the ramifications of.....

The fact that I didn't get asked to come down for the group photo of the shlubs I'm working with in DC right now.  Not that I wanted to be in a group photo, but it's for an open house type thing they're having while I'm here, so you'd think they'd want me in the photo.  I'm almost certain The Director has no idea I'm still here.  I've been given very little to do, although it was urgent that I get here right away!  Maybe I won't even show up tomorrow.

Let us consider the ramifications of.....

The fact that one of the weirdest, worst people in this group gave me an assignment to "babysit" while she's out next week.  That's fine.  Work is work.  But when I sent her an email asking if she had a few minutes to discuss the assignment so that I would be prepared for a meeting about it next week.  Her response, some hours later, was "probably not."  What the hell?

Let us consider the ramifications of....

The fact that I'm working with a mentally challenged person....who has more responsibilities than I do right now.

Let us consider the ramifications of....

the fact that no matter how many times I say it, my name is NOT ANNNN space space Kit.  It's a shallow uh, followed by a kit where your tongue high fives the back of your teeth.  I swear it's not that hard and if you respect me at all you'd take 3 seconds to at least try it.

Let us consider the ramifications of....

me being in week 4 of my C25K training.  Yesterday I left the hotel and tried finding this alleged park a few blocks away.  I couldn't find an actual running trail there so I ended up running through a quiet residential area in Georgetown, which was unfortunately more hilly than I would have liked.  The pain and torture of running uphill was surpassed only by the knowledge that these "hills" were about a 6 degree incline.  But at least the tail end was all downhill and I was able to make up some running that I quit on in the earlier intervals of the run.  I'm pretty much on schedule going into Week 5, although I did skip a day this week.  I'm hoping that with the help of some company this weekend I'll be in good shape to do the first 20 minute run that will happen about this time next week.  OR DIE TRYING.

Finally, let us consider the ramifications of.....

After 3 months of this, there's a good chance these people will have broken me......a la Ivan Drago in Rocky IV.


No comments:

Post a Comment